Section 8-6-7Registration of securities - Registration by qualification.
(a) Any security may be registered by qualification.
(b) A registration statement under this section shall contain the following information and be accompanied by the following documents in addition to payment of the registration fee prescribed in Section 8-6-8 and, if required under Section 8-6-12, a consent to service of process meeting the requirements of that section:
(1) With respect to the issuer and any significant subsidiary, its name, address and form of organizations, the state or foreign jurisdiction and date of its organization, the general character and location of its business and a description of its physical properties and equipment;
(2) With respect to every director and officer of the issuer or person occupying a similar status or performing similar functions, his name, address, and principal occupation for the past five years, the amount of securities of the issuer held by him as of the date of the offering and a record of any securities of the issuer held by him previous to the filing of the application and the offering date and the remuneration paid to all such persons in the aggregate during the past 12 months and estimated to be paid during the next 12 months, directly or indirectly, by the issuer and its predecessors, parents, and subsidiaries;
(3) With respect to any person not named in subdivision (b) (2), owning of record, or beneficially if known, 10 percent or more of the outstanding shares of any class of equity security of the issuer, the information specified in subdivision (b) (2) of this section other than his occupation;
(4) With respect to every promoter not named in subdivision (b) (2) of this section, if the issuer was organized within the past three years, the information specified in subdivision (b) (2), any amount paid to him and the consideration for any such payment;
(5) The capitalization and long-term debt, on both a current and a pro forma basis, of the issuer and any significant subsidiary, including a description of each security outstanding or being registered or otherwise offered, and a statement of the amount and kind of consideration, whether in the form of cash, physical assets, services, patents, goodwill, or anything else, for which the issuer or any subsidiary has issued any of its securities within the past two years or is obligated to issue any of its securities;
(6) The kind and amount of securities to be offered, the amount to be offered in this state, the proposed offering price and any variation therefrom at which any portion of the offering is to be made to any persons except as underwriting and selling discounts and commissions, the estimated aggregate underwriting and selling discounts or commissions and finders' fees, including separately cash, securities, or anything else of value to accrue to the underwriters in connection with the offering, the estimated amounts of other selling expenses and legal, engineering and accounting expenses to be incurred by the issuer in connection with the offering, the name and address of every underwriter and every recipient of a finder's fee, a copy of any underwriting or selling group agreement pursuant to which the distribution is to be made or the proposed form of any such agreement whose terms have not yet been determined, and a description of the plan of distribution of any securities which are to be offered otherwise than through an underwriter;
(7) The estimated cash proceeds to be received by the issuer from the offering, the purposes for which the proceeds are to be used by the issuer, the amount to be used for each purpose, the order or priority in which the proceeds will be used for the purpose stated, the amounts of any funds to be raised from other sources to achieve the purposes stated and the sources of any such funds and, if any part of the proceeds is to be used to acquire any property, including goodwill, otherwise than in the ordinary course of business, the names and addresses of the vendors and the purchase price;
(8) A description of any stock options or other security options outstanding or to be created in connection with the offering, together with the amount of any such options held or to be held by every person required to be named in subdivisions (b) (2), (b) (3), (b) (4), (b) (5) or (b) (7) of this section and by any persons who hold or will hold 10 percent or more in the aggregate of any such options;
(9) The states in which a registration statement or similar document in connection with the offering has been or is expected to be filed;
(10) Any adverse order or judgment previously entered in connection with the offering by any court or the securities and exchange commission and a description of any pending litigation or proceeding to which the issuer is a party and which materially affects its business or assets, including any such litigation or proceeding known to be contemplated;
(11) Six copies of any prospectus or circular intended as of the effective date to be used in connection with the offering;
(12) A specimen or copy of the security being registered, a copy of the issuer's articles of incorporation and bylaws as currently in effect, and a copy of any indenture or other instrument covering the security to be registered;
(13) A signed or conformed copy of an opinion of counsel as to the legality of the security being registered, which shall state whether the security when sold will be legally issued, fully paid and nonassessable, and, if a debt security, a binding obligation of the issuer;
(14) A balance sheet of the issuer as of a date within four months prior to the filing of the registration statement, a profit and loss statement and analysis of surplus for each of the three fiscal years preceding the date of the balance sheet and for any period between the close of the last fiscal year and the date of the balance sheet or for the period of the issuer's and any predecessor's existence if less than three years, and, if any part of the proceeds of the offering is to be applied to the purchase of any business, the same financial statements which would be required if that business were the registrant.
(c) A registration statement under this section becomes effective when the Securities Commission so orders. The commission may require as a condition of registration under this section that a prospectus containing any designated part of the information specified in subsection (b) of this section to be sent or given to each person to whom an offer is made before or concurrently with:
(1) The first written offer made to him, otherwise than by means of a public advertisement, by or for the account of the issuer or any other person on whose behalf the offering is being made, or by any underwriter or dealer who is offering part of an unsold allotment or subscription taken by him as a participant in the distribution,
(2) The confirmation of any sale made by or for the account of any such person,
(3) Payment pursuant to any such sale, or
(4) Delivery of the security pursuant to any such sale, whichever first occurs; but the commission shall accept for use under any such requirement a current prospectus or offering circular regarding the same securities filed under the Securities Act of 1933 or regulations thereunder.
(Acts 1959, No. 542, p. 1318, §6; Acts 1979, No. 79-462, p. 827, §2; Acts 1990, No. 90-527, p. 772, §1.)