The Oregon Administrative Rules contain OARs filed through November 15, 2015
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OR MEANING OF THIS AGENCY'S RULES?
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS RULES COORDINATOR CONTACT INFORMATION
OREGON CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMMISSION
Revocation Of Probation
The decision to revoke probation is discretionary and may be exercised upon a finding that the offender has violated one or more of the conditions of probation, or that the offender has participated in new criminal activity.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 137.667
Stats. Implemented: ORS 137.667 - ORS 137.669
Hist.: SSGB 2-1988, f.12-30-88, cert. ef. 9-1-89; SSGB 1-1989, f. 5-25-89, cert. ef. 9-1-89; CJC 1-1996, f. 3-6-96, cert. ef. 3-8-96; Renumbered from 253-010-0001
(1) For those offenders whose presumptive sentence was probation, the sentence upon revocation shall be to the supervisory authority for a term up to a maximum of six months.
(2) For those offenders whose probationary sentence was either a departure from a presumptive prison sentence or a sentence imposed pursuant to OAR 213-005-0006, the sentence upon revocation shall be a prison term up to the maximum presumptive prison term which could have been imposed initially, if the presumptive prison term exceeds 12 months. For those presumptive prison terms 12 months or less, the sentence upon revocation shall be to the supervisory authority, up to the maximum presumptive prison term.
(3) Notwithstanding (2) of this rule, if a probation sentence is revoked under ORS 137.712(5), the court shall impose the presumptive prison term.
(4) When imposing a revocation sanction, the sentencing judge shall also set a term of post-prison supervision in accordance with OAR 213-005-0002.
(5) No revocation sanction may exceed the limitations established by this rule.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 137.667
Stats. Implemented: ORS 137.667 – ORS 137.669
Hist.: SSGB 2-1988, f.12-30-88, cert. ef. 9-1-89; SSGB 1-1989, f. 5-25-89, cert. ef. 9-1-89; CJC 1-1996, f. 3-6-96, cert. ef. 3-8-96; Renumbered from 253-010-0002; CJC 3-1997, f. 10-29-97, cert. ef. 11-1-97; CJC 1-1999, f. & cert. ef. 11-1-99
The official copy of an Oregon Administrative Rule is
contained in the Administrative Order filed at the Archives Division,
800 Summer St. NE, Salem, Oregon 97310. Any discrepancies with the
published version are satisfied in favor of the Administrative Order.
The Oregon Administrative Rules and the Oregon Bulletin are
copyrighted by the Oregon Secretary of State. Terms
and Conditions of Use