The Oregon Administrative Rules contain OARs filed through November 15, 2015
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OR MEANING OF THIS AGENCY'S RULES?
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS RULES COORDINATOR CONTACT INFORMATION
PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION,
BOARD OF MARITIME PILOTS
RULES OF PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE
Notice of Proposed Rule
Prior to the adoption, amendment or repeal of any rules, the Board shall give notice of the intended action:
(1) In the Secretary of State's Bulletin referred to in ORS 183.360 at least 21 days prior to the effective date of the intended action;
(2) By mailing a copy of the notice to persons on the Board's mailing list established pursuant to ORS 183.335(8) at least 28 days before the effective date of the rule;
(3) By mailing a copy of the notice to the legislators specified in ORS 183.335(15) at least 49 days before the effective date of the rule; and
(4) By mailing or furnishing a copy of the notice to:
(a) The Associated Press;
(b) The following groups:
(A) Columbia River Pilots
(B) Columbia River Bar Pilots;
(C) Yaquina Bay Pilots;
(D) Coos Bay Pilots Association;
(E) Columbia River Steamship Operators Association, Inc.;
(F) Capitol Press Room.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 183 & 776
Stats. Implemented: ORS 183.025, 183.335 & 776.135
Hist.: PC 9, f. & ef. 11-12-76; PC 1-1982, f. & ef. 10-7-82; MP 2-1984, f. & ef. 10-4-84; Renumbered from 856-020-0140; MP 3-1988, f. & cert. ef. 11-9-88 ; MP 1-1996, f. & cert. ef. 5-9-96; BMP 4-2008, f. & cert. ef. 1-24-08
Model Rules of Procedures
The Model Rules of Procedure under the Administrative Procedures Act adopted by the Attorney General, effective January 1, 2008 are hereby adopted as the rules of procedure for the Board of Maritime Pilots, except as specified under OAR chapter 856, division 030, Ratemaking Procedures.
[ED. NOTE: The full text of the Attorney General's Model Rules of Procedure is available from the office of the Attorney General or Board of Maritime Pilots.]
Stat. Auth.: ORS 776
Stats. Implemented: ORS 183.341
Hist.: MP 2-1984, f. & ef. 10-4-84; MP 1-1986, f. & ef. 10-6-86; MP 3-1988, f. & cert. ef. 11-9-88; MP 1-1996, f. & cert. ef. 5-9-96; BMP 1-2002, f. & cert. ef. 8-29-02; BMP 4-2008, f. & cert. ef. 1-24-08
(1) The Board of Maritime Pilots, created by ORS Chapter 776, is responsible for licensing of pilots in the State of Oregon and setting of pilotage rates.
(2) Information can be obtained from the Board's office at 800 N.E. Oregon Street, Suite 507, Portland, OR 97232, telephone 971-673-1530 and fax 971-673-1531.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 776
Stats. Implemented: ORS 776.115
Hist.: MP 2-1984, f. & ef. 10-4-84; MP 3-1988, f. & cert. ef. 11-9-88; MP 2-1992(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 4-29-92
The official copy of an Oregon Administrative Rule is
contained in the Administrative Order filed at the Archives Division,
800 Summer St. NE, Salem, Oregon 97310. Any discrepancies with the
published version are satisfied in favor of the Administrative Order.
The Oregon Administrative Rules and the Oregon Bulletin are
copyrighted by the Oregon Secretary of State. Terms
and Conditions of Use