§ 54.1-2521. Reporting requirements.
A. The failure by any person subject to the reporting requirements set forth in this section and the Department's regulations to report the dispensing of covered substances shall constitute grounds for disciplinary action by the relevant health regulatory board.
B. Upon dispensing a covered substance, a dispenser of such covered substance shall report the following information:
1. The recipient's name and address.
2. The recipient's date of birth.
3. The covered substance that was dispensed to the recipient.
4. The quantity of the covered substance that was dispensed.
5. The date of the dispensing.
6. The prescriber's identifier number.
7. The dispenser's identifier number.
8. The method of payment for the prescription.
9. Any other non-clinical information that is designated by the Director as necessary for the implementation of this chapter in accordance with the Department's regulations.
10. Any other information specified in regulations promulgated by the Director as required in order for the Prescription Monitoring Program to be eligible to receive federal funds.
C. The reports required herein shall be made and transmitted in such manner and format and according to the standards and schedule established in the Department's regulations.
2002, c. 481; 2006, c. 167; 2012, cc. 21, 71.