The following words and terms when used in this subchapter shall have
the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Account" means a demand deposit account, checking or negotiable
withdrawal order account, savings account, time deposit account, or money-market
mutual fund account.
(2) "Account owner record" means the record used by a financial
institution to report account owner information including payee identification
information, account balance and account type.
(3) "Account file" means an electronic file submitted to the
Title IV-D agency listing all accounts of the financial institution under
the option provided by Match Method 1 (infra).
(4) "Authorized representative" means an officer or executive
of a financial institution authorized to sign a memorandum of agreement (infra)
on behalf of the institution.
(5) "FEIN" means the federal employer identification number.
(6) "Financial institution" means:
(A) a depository institution, as defined in Section 3(c) of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1813(c));
(B) an institution-affiliated party, as defined in Section
3(u) of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1813(u));
(C) any federal credit union or state credit union, as defined
in Section 101 of the Federal Credit Union Act (12 U.S.C. 1752), including
an institution-affiliated party of such a credit union, as defined in Section
206(r) of such Act (12 U.S.C. 1786(r)); or
(D) any benefit association, insurance company, safe deposit
company, money-market mutual fund, or similar entity authorized to do business
in the State.
(7) "Financial institution record" means the record used by
a financial institution to report identifying information about the financial
institution including name, address, service bureau and reporting agent.
(8) "Inquiry file" means electronic files sent by the Title
IV-D agency or OCSE (infra) to financial institutions electing to report under
Match Method 2 (infra) that contain records of delinquent child support obligors
that the institution will use to match against its records.
(9) "Match Method 1" means the process used by a financial
institution to submit an electronic file containing all its open accounts
to the Title IV-D agency or its agent that is matched against records of delinquent
child support obligors.
(10) "Match Method 2" means the process used by a financial
institution to conduct matches against an inquiry file (supra).
(11) "Match file" means electronic files sent by a financial
institution to the Title IV-D agency or OCSE (infra) that report accounts
matched against an inquiry file supplied by the Title IV-D agency or OCSE
to the financial institution under Match Method 2 (supra).
(12) "Memorandum of agreement" means a form completed and signed
by an authorized representative (supra) and the Title IV-D agency or its agent
for the purpose of exchanging information by way of an automated data exchange
system that serves as the official agreement between the financial institution
and the Title IV-D agency.
(13) "Multi-state financial institution" means any financial
institution operating in two or more states that maintains accounts for its
(14) "OCSE" means the Office of Child Support Enforcement within
the federal Department of Health and Human Services.
(15) "Record" has the meaning given such term in section 1101
of the Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978 (12 U.S.C. 3401).
(16) "Reporting agent" means a service provider who has a contract
with a financial institution to report data match information.
(17) "Single-state financial institution" means a financial
institution doing business exclusively within the State or a multi-state financial
institution declining the option to process data matches through OCSE.
(18) "Total record" means the entire file submitted by a financial
institution to report individual accounts and the dollar amount associated
with each account, the total number of accounts and total dollar amount of
the records contained in the file.
Source Note: The provisions of this §55.552 adopted to be effective August 15, 2001, 26 TexReg 6009