The Oregon Administrative Rules contain OARs filed through November 15, 2015
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OR MEANING OF THIS AGENCY'S RULES?
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS RULES COORDINATOR CONTACT INFORMATION
OREGON YOUTH AUTHORITY
FUNERAL AND BURIAL EXPENSES
(1) These rules describe the process by which the OYA may pay the cost of funeral, burial or cremation expenses for an offender who dies while in OYA legal custody.
(2) These rules apply only to offenders who are committed to OYA legal custody and placed in OYA facilities or under OYA supervision on parole/probation status in the community.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 420A.025
Stats. Implemented: ORS 97.170 - ORS 97.210, ORS 420A.010, ORS 419C.550, ORS 419C.481, ORS 419C.555 - ORS 419C.561
Hist.: OYA 2-1995, f. 12-19-95, cert. ef. 1-2-96, OYA 4-2003, f. & cert. ef. 8-20-03
(1) All other resources for payment of these expenses, including parents or guardians, must be explored before approval is given for the OYA to make payments.
(2) The maximum amount the OYA will pay for these expenses will be determined by the OYA Director.
(3) Vendors must submit itemized billings on their letterhead.
(4) The following list specifies allowable expenses.
(a) Necessary funeral service costs that may include, but are not limited to:
(A) Transportation for:
(i) First call;
(ii) Funeral coach.
(B) Preparation of remains;
(C) Use of funeral home facilities.
(b) Burial or cremation:
(A) Necessary costs for cemetery burial that may include, but are not limited to:
(i) Endowment care, if provided by cemetery;
(ii) Grave space;
(iii) Outer case, opening and closing of grave.
(B) Indoor or outdoor mausoleum burial including opening, closing and lettering when crypt is already owned.
(C) Necessary costs for cremation services that may include, but are not limited to:
(ii) Unpolished urn;
(iv) Grave space for cremated remains;
(v) Interment of cremated remains;
(vi) Endowment care when provided;
(vii) Finished urn when an open-front niche is already owned;
(viii) Transportation of cremated remains, when authorized on a case-by-case basis.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 420A.025
Stats. Implemented: ORS 97.170 - 97.210, 420A.010, 419C.550, 419C.481, 419C.555 - 419C.561
Hist.: OYA 2-1995, f. 12-19-95, cert. ef. 1-2-96; OYA 4-2003, f. & cert. ef. 8-20-03
The official copy of an Oregon Administrative Rule is
contained in the Administrative Order filed at the Archives Division,
800 Summer St. NE, Salem, Oregon 97310. Any discrepancies with the
published version are satisfied in favor of the Administrative Order.
The Oregon Administrative Rules and the Oregon Bulletin are
copyrighted by the Oregon Secretary of State. Terms
and Conditions of Use