WEST VIRGINIA CODE
WVC 5 A- 6 A- 4
§5A-6A-4. Permit and license information authority.
(a) The Legislature hereby authorizes the Governor's Office of
Technology to facilitate and coordinate the permitting and
licensing process for business activities in this state.
(b) The office has the following authority to:
(1) Establish a central permit and license information
(2) Determine the type of information that each agency must
submit in order to provide adequate information to the public
regarding the permits and licenses needed for a particular business
(3) Require state agencies and local agencies to provide their
permit and license information, including the type and purpose of
all permits and licenses the agency issues;
(4) Create an online permitting and licensing program
monitored through the state web page; and
(5) Make recommendations to the Governor and the Legislature
concerning the functionality of the central permit and license
information repository to ensure its accessibility and reliability
for use by agencies and the public.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.