Unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms, when used in this chapter, shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
(1) MUNICIPAL POWER DISTRICT, POWER DISTRICT or DISTRICT. A municipal power district organized under this chapter, either as originally organized or as the same may be from time to time altered or amended.
(2) MUNICIPALITY. Any city or town.
(3) GOVERNING BODY. Whenever used in relation to any municipality, the body or board, by whatsoever name known, having charge of the governing of a municipality and shall be held to include the mayor or other chief executive officers of such municipality in any case wherein the concurrence or approval of such officer is required by the law governing such municipality for the adoption of any municipal ordinance or resolution or other municipal act provided for in this chapter.
(4) BOARD OF DIRECTORS, DIRECTORS or BOARD. The board of directors of a municipal power district selected as provided in this chapter, duly constituted, organized and acting as a board.
(5) COMMISSION. The Public Service Commission of the State of Alabama.
(6) PUBLIC UTILITY or UTILITY. The plant, works, system facilities or properties together with all parts thereof and appurtenances thereto, including contract rights, used and useful primarily for the production, transmission or distribution of electric energy to or for the public for any purpose.
(Acts 1935, No. 42, p. 87; Code 1940, T. 18, §1.)