Section 36-7-40

Published: 2015

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Get a Day Pass for only USD$49.99.
Section 36-7-40

Section 36-7-40When employee entitled to reimbursement for moving expenses; maximum amount; mobile homes; when move must be made.

A permanent employee of the state who moves from one community within the state to another by reason of transfer of job operation shall be entitled to receive reimbursement for his actual expenses, not to exceed $1,250.00, incurred in moving his household goods whenever such transfer is made at the request of the employing state department or agency. Such expense shall not be allowed when the transfer is made at the request of the employee; provided that any transfer that is a part or the result of a lay-off by the employing state department or agency shall be considered to be at the request of the employing state department or agency.

When an employee is transferred under the above rules and chooses to move a mobile home rather than household goods, reimbursement shall be made under the state's fiscal procedures except that no payment shall be made for disconnection or reconnection of any utility service or plumbing, or anchoring (tying down) or leveling or any damage sustained during the move.

All moves must be made within a reasonable length of time not to exceed one year of the date of transfer to qualify for reimbursement.

(Acts 1969, No. 170, p. 460, §1; Acts 1980, No. 80-629, p. 1086, §1; Acts 1986, No. 86-506, p. 988, §1.)