144E.265 MEDICAL DIRECTOR.
A medical director shall:
(1) be currently licensed as a physician in this state;
(2) have experience in, and knowledge of, emergency care of acutely ill or traumatized patients; and
(3) be familiar with the design and operation of local, regional, and state emergency medical service systems.
Responsibilities of the medical director shall include, but are not limited to:
(1) approving standards for education and orientation of personnel that impact patient care;
(2) approving standards for purchasing equipment and supplies that impact patient care;
(3) establishing standing orders for prehospital care;
(4) approving written triage, treatment, and transportation guidelines for adult and pediatric patients;
(5) participating in the development and operation of continuous quality improvement programs including, but not limited to, case review and resolution of patient complaints;
(6) establishing procedures for the administration of drugs; and
(7) maintaining the quality of care according to the standards and procedures established under clauses (1) to (6).
Subd. 3.Annual assessment; ambulance service.
Annually, the medical director or the medical director's designee shall assess the practical skills of each person on the ambulance service roster and sign a statement verifying the proficiency of each person. The statements shall be maintained in the licensee's files.