The Oregon Administrative Rules contain OARs filed through November 15, 2015
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OR MEANING OF THIS AGENCY'S RULES?
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS RULES COORDINATOR CONTACT INFORMATION
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE,
OREGON ALBACORE COMMISSION
COMMISSIONER PER DIEM AND REIMBURSEMENT
Per Diem Compensation
(1) Subject to the availability of funds in the budget of the commission, the Oregon Albacore Commission must pay any member of the commission, other than a member who is employed in full-time public service, compensation for each day or portion thereof during which the member is actually engaged in the performance of official commission duties.
(2) The rate of compensation is $100 per day.
(3) In order to receive compensation, a member must submit to the Oregon Albacore Commission a written claim for compensation by the 15th day of the calendar month following the quarter for which the member seeks compensation. The member must specify the amount of time the member spent on official commission duties as well as the nature of the duties performed for any day or portion thereof for which the member claims compensation.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 292.495, 576.206 & 576.416
Stats. Implemented: ORS 576.206(7) & 576.265
Hist.: AC 1-2008, f. & cert. ef. 1-23-08; AC 1-2011, f. & cert. ef. 3-7-11
Reimbursement of Travel and Other Expenses
(1) Subject to sections (2)-(6) of this rule, a member of the Oregon Albacore Commission, including a member employed in full-time public service, may receive actual and necessary travel and other expenses actually incurred in the performance of the member's official duties.
(2) In order to receive reimbursement of actual and necessary travel and other expenses, a member must submit to the Oregon Albacore Commission a written itemized claim for reimbursement supported by receipts, invoices or other appropriate documentation for travel and other expenses by the 15th day of the calendar quarter following the month in which the member incurred the expense. The claim for reimbursement must include the following information for each expense:
(a) Date on which the member incurred the expense; and
(b) Nature of the expense; and
(c) Amount of the expense.
(3) An expense that exceeds $300.00 must be authorized by the Oregon Albacore Commission before a member incurs the expense.
(4) For the purposes of this rule, "travel and other expenses" are limited to reasonable expenses. An expense is reasonable if:
(a) It is an actual expense incurred by a member in carrying out official commission business, which is within the member's scope of responsibilities; and
(b) The expense is necessary to enable the member to carry out official commission business.
(5) For the purposes of this rule, "travel and other expenses" includes:
(b) Overnight lodging.
(e) Cost of attending an event or phone calls associated with promotion of a commodity, such as a festival, stock show, county fair or state fair.
(6) For the purposes of this rule, "travel and other expenses" does not include:
(a) Attendance at a sporting event, concert, theatrical performance, movie, or dance venue, including such events that occur at a fair, festival or stock show.
(b) In-room movie rental.
(c) Long distance telephone charges at a place of lodging that are not associated with Oregon Albacore Commission business.
(d) Use of a gym or health club.
(e) Cost of a gift for a host, business associate, commission member or employee, or family member.
(f) Alcoholic beverages.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 292.495, 576.206, 576.265, 576.311, 576.416 & 576.440
Stats. Implemented: ORS 292.495, 576.206(7), 576.265
Hist.: AC 1-2008, f. & cert. ef. 1-23-08
Reimbursement for Hiring a Substitute
(1) As used in OAR 972-040-0010, "other expenses" includes expenses incurred by a member of the Oregon Albacore Commission in employing a substitute to perform duties, including personal duties, normally performed by the member, which the member is unable to perform because of the performance of official duties and which, by the nature of such duties, cannot be delayed without risk to health or safety.
(2) The amount that a member may be reimbursed for expenses incurred in employing a substitute must not exceed $25 per day, pursuant to ORS 292.495(3).
Stat. Auth.: ORS 292.495
Stats. Implemented: ORS 292.495, ORS 576.206(7)
Hist.: AC 1-2008, f. & cert. ef. 1-23-08
The official copy of an Oregon Administrative Rule is
contained in the Administrative Order filed at the Archives Division,
800 Summer St. NE, Salem, Oregon 97310. Any discrepancies with the
published version are satisfied in favor of the Administrative Order.
The Oregon Administrative Rules and the Oregon Bulletin are
copyrighted by the Oregon Secretary of State. Terms
and Conditions of Use