§1865. Public water supplies

Link to law: http://legislature.maine.gov/legis/statutes/38/title38sec1865.html
Published: 2015

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Subscribe Now
§1865. Public water supplies

If an infested water body pursuant to section 1864 is a public drinking water supply,
public notification by the commissioner and the Commissioner of Inland Fisheries and
Wildlife is required prior to any response action that proposes the use of a chemical
control agent. Public notification must include, at a minimum, notification of adjoining
municipalities, property owners, drinking water suppliers who use that water supply
and other affected persons, and must provide adequate time for public review and comment
on the proposed emergency action. Chemical control agents may not be used on a water
body that is a public water supply without the prior written consent of each public
water supplier using that water body. [2003, c. 551, §21 (NEW).]


2003, c. 551, §21 (NEW).