Motor and Other vehicles
Suspension or Revocation of Licenses Violations
§ 31-11-16 Unlawful use of license.
It is a civil violation for any person:
(1) To display, or cause or permit to be displayed, or have
in his or her possession any cancelled, revoked, suspended, fictitious, or
fraudulently altered operator's or chauffeur's license;
(2) To lend his or her operator's or chauffeur's license to
any other person or knowingly permit the use of it by another;
(3) To display or represent as one's own any operator's or
chauffeur's license not issued to him or her;
(4) To fail or refuse to surrender to the division of motor
vehicles upon its lawful demand any operator's or chauffeur's license which has
been suspended, revoked, or cancelled;
(5) To use a false or fictitious name in any application for
an operator's or chauffeur's license or to knowingly make a false statement or
to knowingly conceal a material fact or otherwise commit a fraud in any such
(6) To permit any unlawful use of an operator's or
chauffeur's license issued to him or her; or
(7) To do any act forbidden or fail to perform any act
required by this title.
History of Section.
(P.L. 1950, ch. 2595, art. 17, § 1; G.L. 1956, § 31-11-1; G.L. 1956,
§ 31-11-16; P.L. 1962, ch. 204, § 1; P.L. 1999, ch. 218, art. 6,