§240. Proof of financial responsibility

Link to law: http://legislature.vermont.gov/statutes/section/07/009/00240
Published: 2015

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Subscribe Now

The Vermont Statutes Online



Alcoholic Beverages






240. Proof of financial responsibility

(a) Any first,

second or third class liquor licensee whose license is suspended by the local

control commissioners or suspended or revoked by the liquor control board for

selling or furnishing intoxicating liquor to a minor, to a person apparently

under the influence of intoxicating liquor, to a person after legal serving

hours, or to a person whom it would be reasonable to expect would be

intoxicated as a result of the amount of liquor served to that person, shall be

required to furnish to the liquor control department a certificate of financial

responsibility within 60 days of the commencement of the suspension or

revocation or at the time of reinstatement of the license, whichever is later.

Financial responsibility may be established by any one or a combination of the

following: insurance, surety bond or letter of credit. Coverage shall be

maintained at not less than $25,000.00 per occurrence and $50,000.00 aggregate

per occurrence. Proof of financial responsibility shall be required for license

renewal for the three years following the suspension or revocation.

(b) Proof of

financial responsibility and completion of the licensee education program

established in section 239 of this title shall be conditions to resume

operation after a suspension or revocation for any of the reasons in subsection

(a) of this section; however, at the discretion of the suspending or revoking

authority, the licensee may receive a provisional license prior to the time

these conditions are met in order to allow for compliance with the education

requirement or to obtain the certificate of financial responsibility. A

provisional license may not be issued for a period exceeding 60 days. (Added

1987, No. 103, § 3.)