The Director of the Office shall:
(1) Systematically review and evaluate the full array of programs operated by the District of Columbia impacting on children and youth, as specified in § 2-1504(a);
(2) Plan and develop demonstration youth programs for transfer to other operating agencies upon their validation after no more than 3 years of operation;
(3) Present the interest of children and youth before other administrative and regulatory agencies and legislative bodies of the District of Columbia government;
(4) Assist, advise, and cooperate with local, federal, and private agencies to promote the interest of children and youth in the District of Columbia;
(5) Develop criteria for the validation of programs for children and youth which shall be widely disseminated and utilized in the review and evaluation of programs;
(6) Issue an annual report on the current status of programs for children and youth on a citywide basis, both governmental and private; and
(7) Perform such other functions and duties consistent with the purpose of this subchapter which may be deemed necessary and appropriate to promote the welfare of children and youth.
(Mar. 29, 1977, D.C. Law 1-93, § 6, 23 DCR 9532b.)
1981 Ed., § 1-2605.
1973 Ed., § 6-2005.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 1-93, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 2-1501.