(1) It shall be unlawful for any person, including any carrier transporting nursery stock, to bring into or cause to be brought into Nebraska any nursery stock unless such shipment is plainly and legibly marked with a label showing the name and address of the consignor and consignee, the nature and quantity of the contents, the place of origin, and the license or its equivalent issued by the recognized authorizing agency stating that the nursery from which the nursery stock originates has been inspected.
(2) It shall be unlawful for any person to distribute in Nebraska nursery stock for the purpose of resale in Nebraska without meeting the labeling criteria stated in this section.
(3) The requirements of this section shall not apply to nursery stock distributed to the final consumer at a distribution location where a valid nursery stock distributor's license has been conspicuously posted.
(4) The department may cause to be held for inspection any plants, regardless of proper labeling according to the Plant Protection and Plant Pest Act, if there is reason to believe they are infested or infected with plant pests. Such plants shall be held only for a period of time reasonable for proper inspection and any treatment deemed necessary by the department. The department shall not be held responsible for costs incurred by treatment or delay.
(5) In carrying out this section, the department may intercept or detain any person or property including vehicles or vessels reasonably believed to be carrying any plants or any other articles capable of carrying plant pests. The department may hold for treatment, destroy, or otherwise dispose of any plants, if found infested or infected with plant pests, at the owner's cost.