For purposes of the Community Gardens Act:
(1) Community garden means public or private land upon which individuals have the opportunity to raise a garden on land which they do not themselves own;
(2) Garden means a piece or parcel of land appropriate for cultivation of herbs, fruits, flowers, nuts, honey, poultry for egg production, maple syrup, ornamental or vegetable plants, nursery products, or vegetables;
(3) Municipality means any county, village, or city or any office or agency of a county, village, or city;
(4) State agency means any department or other agency of the State of Nebraska;
(5) Use means to avail oneself of or to employ without conveyance of title gardens on vacant public land by any individual or organization; and
(6) Vacant public land means any land owned by the state or another governmental subdivision, including a municipality, that is not in use for a public purpose, is otherwise unoccupied, idle, or not being actively utilized for a period of at least six months, and is suitable for garden use.