(a) The department shall prepare and disseminate an informational brochure for victims of psychotherapist-patient sexual contact and advocates for those victims. This brochure shall be developed by the department in consultation with members of the Sexual Assault Program of the Office of Criminal Justice Planning and the office of the Attorney General.
(b) The brochure shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) A legal and an informal definition of psychotherapist-patient sexual contact.
(2) A brief description of common personal reactions and histories of victims and victim’s families.
(3) A patient’s bill of rights.
(4) Options for reporting psychotherapist-patient sexual relations and instructions for each reporting option.
(5) A full description of administrative, civil, and professional associations complaint procedures.
(6) A description of services available for support of victims.
(c) The brochure shall be provided to each individual contacting the Medical Board of California and affiliated health boards or the Board of Behavioral Sciences regarding a complaint involving psychotherapist-patient sexual relations.
(Amended by Stats. 2007, Ch. 588, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2008.)