R251. Corrections, Administration.
R251-712-1. Authority and Purpose.
(1) This rule is authorized under Sections 63G-3-201, 64-13-7 and 64-13-10, of the Utah Code.
(2) The purpose of this rule is to provide the Department's policy regarding inmates leaving the institution on parole, termination, expiration of sentence, or being released to a detainer.
"Detainer" means a hold on an inmate by another institution or jurisdiction who still has legal jurisdiction over the inmate in order to regain custody once released from the Utah State Prison.
It is the policy of the Department that:
(1) release transactions at the prison shall conform to statutory and other legal requirements;
(2) inmates leaving the prison, either on parole or to another jurisdiction shall be verified as to eligibility for release from the Utah State Prison;
(3) the Board of Pardons and Parole is the releasing authority for all inmates; and
(4) if an inmate is to be released to a detainer, it shall be the responsibility of the receiving agency to make arrangements for housing and transportation.
KEY: corrections, prisons
Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment: 1994
Notice of Continuation: June 10, 2020
Authorizing, and Implemented or Interpreted Law: 64-13-7; 64-13-10