R156. Commerce, Occupational and Professional Licensing.
R156-87. Revised Uniform Athlete Agents Act Rule.
This rule shall be known as the "Revised Uniform Athlete Agents Act Rule".
(1) "Unprofessional conduct" as defined in Title 58, Chapter 1, is further defined, in accordance with Subsection 58-1-203(1)(e), in Section R156-87-502.
This rule is adopted by the Division under the authority of Subsection 58-1-106(1)(a) to enable the Division to administer Title 58, Chapter 87.
R156-87-104. Organization - Relationship to Rule R156-1.
The organization of this rule and its relationship to Rule R156-1 is as described in Section R156-1-107.
R156-87-303. Renewal Cycle - Procedure.
(1) In accordance with Subsection 58-1-308(1), the renewal date for the two-year renewal cycle applicable to licensees under Title 58, Chapter 87 is established by rule in Section R156-1-308a.
(2) Renewal procedures shall be in accordance with Section R156-1-308c.
R156-87-502. Unprofessional Conduct.
"Unprofessional conduct" by an athlete agent includes:
(1) failing to comply with the agency contract requirements of Section 58-87-301;
(2) failing to notify an educational institution as required by Section 58-87-302;
(3) failing to comply with the agency contract cancellation requirements of Section 58-87-303;
(4) failing to create, or to retain for a period of five years, records required by Section 58-87-304; and
(5) failing to allow Division investigative staff access to records in accordance with Section 58-87-304.
KEY: licensing, athlete agent
Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment: December 11, 2017
Notice of Continuation: December 1, 2020
Authorizing, and Implemented or Interpreted Law: 58-87-103(1)(b); 58-1-106(1)(a)