§ 351. Powers and duties. The director of public works shall:
1. Have charge of the construction and maintenance of county roads,
bridges, sewers, drains and all other public works of the county.
2. Have charge of the construction, repair, upkeep and care of all
public buildings, storerooms and warehouses of the county.
3. Have charge of such equipment and supplies as the board of
supervisors may authorize.
4. Have general supervisory power over town superintendents of
5. Have charge of county parks and playgrounds, athletic fields and
recreation centers, together with all buildings, structures, equipment
and appurtenances thereof, except in counties having a park and
6. Have supervision of all public works and co-operate with and advise
any public works, sewer, water or other commission or bureau or
department specially created, and through his department provide
engineering services for all county departments, unless otherwise
specified by law.
7. Have and exercise all the powers and duties of the county
superintendent of highways as now or hereafter prescribed by law.
8. Have all the powers and be subject to all the duties of the town
superintendent of highways for every town in the county if the form
adopted provides for the transfer to the county of the functions of
towns in relation to the construction and maintenance of town highways
and bridges, and of the corresponding officials of any other units of
local government from which such functions are similarly transferred to
9. Perform such additional and related duties as may be prescribed by
general or special law or by county act.