§ 54.05. Executive Mansion Trust. 1. A trust known as the "Executive
Mansion Trust" is hereby created. The trust shall be a body corporate
and politic and its existence shall commence upon the appointment of the
members as herein provided.
2. The trust shall consist of the commissioner of general services,
the commissioner of parks, recreation and historic preservation, the
commissioner of education, the chairman of the board of trustees of the
New-York Historical Society and a private citizen appointed to a
three-year term of membership by the governor; such private citizen
shall be a person known for professional competence and experience in
the field of history, architecture, art, design or museum services. The
director of the budget and a designee of the governor shall serve as
non-voting members of the trust.
3. The powers of the trust shall be vested in and exercised by a
majority of the voting members thereof.
4. The commissioner of general services shall serve as chairperson of
5. The members of the trust shall serve without compensation, but
shall be entitled to reimbursement of their actual and necessary
expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties.
6. The trust shall be subject to the provisions of article 15-A of the
7. The trust and its corporate existence shall continue until
terminated by law, provided, however, that no such law shall take effect
so long as the trust shall have financial obligations outstanding,
unless adequate provision has been made for the payment thereof, and
until arrangements have been made for the adequate care and conservation
of its artifacts and collections. Upon termination of the existence of
the trust, all its rights and properties shall vest in the state.