§ 60.01. Definitions. As used in this article, the following terms
shall have the following meanings:
1. "Autographed" means bearing the actual signature of a sports
personality, signed by such individual's own hand.
2. "Collectible" means an autographed sports item including, but not
limited to, a photograph, book, ticket, plaque, sports program, trading
card, item of sports equipment or clothing, or other sports memorabilia
sold or offered for sale in or from this state by a dealer to a consumer
for twenty-five dollars or more.
3. "Consumer" means any natural person who purchases an autographed
sports collectible from a dealer for personal, family or household
4. "Dealer" means a person who is in the business of selling or
offering for sale in or from this state, exclusively or non-exclusively,
autographed sports collectibles or a person who by his occupation holds
himself out as having knowledge or skill peculiar to such collectibles,
or to whom such knowledge or skill may be attributed by his employment
of an agent or other intermediary who by his occupation holds himself
out as having such knowledge or skill. The term "dealer" includes an
auctioneer who sells such collectibles at public auction, and includes
persons who are consignors or principals of auctioneers.
5. "Description" means any representation in writing, including but
not limited to a representation contained in an advertisement, invoice,
catalog, flyer, sign, brochure, or other commercial or promotional
material. Such term shall also include a representation contained in a
prepared script and made for the purpose of selling an autographed
sports collectible in a radio or television broadcast to the public in
or from this state.
6. "Person" means any natural person, partnership, corporation,
company, trust, association or other entity, however organized.
7. "Supplier" means any person who provides collectibles to a dealer
specifically for the purposes of re-sale.