(A) Credentialed and classified staff shall be recruited, employed, assigned, evaluated and provided professional development in accordance with state and federal law.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in sections 3302.151, 3319.36, and 3319.361 of the Revised Code, each credentialed staff member shall hold the appropriate credentials for his/her assigned position prior to performing any activities or duties related to the assigned position. Copies of credentials appropriate to staff assignments shall be on file in the school district's or school's administrative office.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in rules 3301-35-03, 3301-35-09, 3301-51-09, and 3301-51-15 of the Administrative Code, the ratio of teachers to students school district-wide shall be at least one full-time equivalent classroom teacher for each twenty-five students.
The ratio of teachers to students in kindergarten through fourth grade on a school district-wide basis shall be at least one full-time equivalent classroom teacher per twenty-five students.
(3) The board of education of a school district shall be responsible for the scope and type of educational services in the district. The district shall employ educational service personnel to enhance the learning opportunities of all students.
(4) Every school shall be provided the services of a principal.
(5) Except as otherwise provided in Chapter 3319. of the Revised Code, credentialed staff shall be evaluated at regular intervals, with results to be discussed with credentialed staff in conferences. Evaluations of credentialed staff conducted under Chapter 3319. of the Revised Code shall use evaluation systems that align with state models and the Ohio educator standards available on the department of education's website.
(6) Classified staff shall be evaluated at regular intervals. Evaluation results shall be discussed with the classified staff in evaluation conferences.
(7) Data shall be used to determine the amount and nature of professional development for credentialed staff and classified staff necessary to implement the school district's vision, mission, and strategic plan.
(a) Professional development for credentialed staff shall be provided. Professional development planning shall align with Ohio educator standards and Ohio standards for professional development, which are available on the departments website, and may include the identification of observable and measurable staff learning outcomes, the individual or group needs of credentialed staff to develop or improve the knowledge and skills necessary to address personalized and individualized student learning needs, a focus on closing the gap between student performance and the expectations for student performance, and identification of the resources necessary to support the professional learning outcomes, follow-up and evaluation.
(b) Professional development for credentialed staff and classified staff shall continually be monitored, evaluated, and improved to align with school district goals and objectives and to meet the changing needs of students.
(c) Credentialed staff shall work with their local professional development committees to meet state certification and licensure requirements pursuant to section 3319.22 of the Revised Code.
(8) Teachers shall be provided sufficient time for designing their work, evaluating student progress, conferencing, and team planning. Time shall be established for teachers to pursue collaborative planning for the development of lesson plans, professional development, and shared learning. The schedule of full-time equivalent classroom teachers assigned to a school with a teacher day of six hours or longer, excluding the lunch period, shall include at least two hundred minutes per week for these purposes.
(B) The school district or school administrators, including superintendents, assistant superintendents, and principals, shall maintain an environment that supports personal and organizational performance excellence through the following elements:
(1) The organizational design of the school district or school shall promote communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge and skills across work functions, units and locations.
(2) Credentialed staff and classified staff shall know and demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to the school district and school vision, mission, and strategic plan.
(3) The school district or school shall continually evaluate its work environment and improve it to support school district, school and student goals.
(4) Credentialed staff and classified staff shall strive to create and maintain an environment of encouragement, trust and mutual commitment to school district and school goals.
(5) Credentialed staff and classified staff shall work within a healthy, safe environment and help maintain and improve a healthy, safe environment conducive to student learning and performance excellence.
Last updated May 24, 2021 at 9:10 AM