Department of Natural Resources - Camping - Trailer plumbing requirements.

Published: 2021-07-29

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Subscribe Now for only USD$20 per month, or Get a Day Pass for only USD$4.99.

Travel trailers, camping trailers and any other type of recreational vehicle having plumbing fixtures with provisions for outside drainage must meet the following requirements before camping in state forests:

(A) Mobile housing units must be provided with a suitable, nonspilling holding tank which will not overflow and be connected with leakproof coupling to a drain(s) that is controllable to allow for contents to be transported by the occupant and disposed of off state forest land.

(B) No person shall drain or discharge the contents of a septic tank from a mobile housing unit on to state forest land.

(C) Drain(s) from the sink, wash basin and shower may be drained into a suitable external holding device provided such device is not spilled, overflowed or drained onto a campsite and is collected and removed from state forest land by the occupant.

Last updated July 29, 2021 at 9:50 AM