(A) Reasonable public notice shall be given in the register of Ohio at least thirty days prior to any hearing regarding the proposed adoption, amendment or rescission of rules for credit unions.
(B) The notice shall include:
(1) A statement that the superintendent intends to consider adopting, amending, or rescinding a rule;
(2) A synopsis of the proposed rule, amendment, or rescission or a general statement of the subject matter to which the proposed rule, amendment, or rescission relates;
(3) A statement of the reason or purpose for adopting, amending or rescinding the rule; and
(4) The date, time and place of the hearing on the proposed action.
(C) In addition to public notice required by paragraph (A) of this rule the superintendent may provide whatever other notice he or she reasonably considers necessary including:
(1) By publication in a financial institutions industry publication of general circulation in Ohio;
(2) By publication in one or more newspapers of general circulation in Ohio;
(3) By mailing electronically or otherwise notice to affected credit unions;
(4) By electronic posting on the website of the department of commerce; or
(5) By mailing notice to the state trade association for credit unions in Ohio.
(D) In addition to the notice required by paragraph (A) of this rule, the division of financial institutions shall mail a copy of the notice to any person who requests it and pays the expense of postage and copying.