(A) Each wholesale distributor or other owner of propane at the time of odorization in Ohio, or at the time of import of odorized propane into Ohio, shall make and collect an assessment based on the volume of odorized propane sold and placed into commerce in Ohio. Each wholesale distributor shall separately identify and itemize the assessment on an invoice, bill of sale, or other similar billing document given to a retailer for the sale of odorized propane.
(B) Each wholesale distributor shall:
(1) Collect the assessment from the retailer to whom the sale is made;
(2) Remit to the council the sum of the amount of the assessment multiplied by the number of gallons of propane sold to any retailer during the preceding quarter not later than the twenty-fifth day of the month following the end of the prior quarter;
(3) Keep records of the number of gallons sold to retailers, indicating the number of gallons, name of retailer, and the rate of the assessment; and
(4) Make records available to the council to determine compliance with the program.
(C) The council shall:
(1) Keep the records confidential; and
(2) Not disclose the records except to the council's accountants, attorneys, or financial advisors without a court order directing the council to do so.
Last updated September 23, 2021 at 8:24 AM