(A) All pet stores shall document the following information within twenty-four hours of obtaining a dog:
(1) The name and address of the animal rescue, animal shelter, humane society, dog broker, or qualified breeder which supplied the dog;
(2) The date that the pet store took possession of the dog;
(3) The breed, gender, color, and any identifying marks of the dog;
(4) The dog's birth date, if known;
(5) The permanent implanted identification microchip number as required by rule 901:1-8-03 of the Administrative Code; and
(6) The certificate of veterinary inspection that accompanied the dog.
(B) If the dog was acquired from a qualified breeder or dog broker, then the pet store shall also document the following information within twenty-four hours of the pet store receiving the dog, if applicable:
(1) The Ohio high volume dog breeder license number issued to the breeder by the department;
(2) The United States department of agriculture license number of the breeder that bred the dog;
(3) A copy of the most current United States department of agriculture inspection report for the breeder;
(4) The Ohio dog broker license number issued to the broker by the department;
(5) A document signed by the pet store certifying that all information required to be provided to the person acquiring the dog under this section is accurate.
(C) Pet stores are not required to submit these records to the director, but the records shall be made available to the director or the director's designee for review and copy upon request.