(A) The standard uniform prescribed for wear by county sheriffs and their deputies shall consist of the following classes of uniform:
(1) The Class B uniform,
(2) The tactical uniform,
(3) The marine patrol uniform, and
(4) The bicycle patrol uniform.
(B) The Class B uniform shall be the required duty uniform for all sheriffs and sheriffs' deputies; except that
(1) The sheriff may authorize wear of the tactical uniform in situations that may subject garments to high levels of soil and rough wear or that are likely to involve intensive physical activity, such as the transfer or supervision of prisoners in jail or in the field, crime scene activities, weight and measure duty, swat assignments, dog warden, motor officer, litter prevention/environmental deputy, patrol, bomb technicians, emergency management agency duties, equine units, motorcycle units, and canine patrol;
(2) The sheriff may authorize wear of the marine patrol uniform or the bicycle patrol uniform for individuals assigned to such duty;
(3) The uniform of the day for special events shall be the uniform prescribed by the sheriff; and
(4) The uniform in court, where practicable, shall be the uniform prescribed by the sheriff.
(C) Chapters 311-1 and 311-3 of the Administrative Code do not apply to non-law enforcement employees of the sheriffs' offices and those employees' vehicles. The uniforms worn and the cars driven by non-law enforcement employees shall be directed by the sheriff at the sheriff's discretion.