(A) The department of aging shall collect an annual bed fee of six dollars for each bed maintained for resident use by each of the facilities listed in division (A) of section 173.26 of the Revised Code.
(B) Annually, the department shall provide each of the facilities described in paragraph (A) of this rule with an invoice requesting payment of the bed fee. The invoice shall include all the following information:
(1) The time period covered by the invoice.
(2) The basis for calculating the amount owed by the facility.
(3) The deadline for receipt of payment, which shall be thirty days after the mailing date indicated on the invoice.
(4) The available methods of payment.
(5) The address where payment shall be submitted.
(6) The consequences of non-payment.
(C) Division (A) of section 173.26 of the Revised Code requires a facility that fails, within ninety days after the deadline for receipt of payment, to pay the bed fee to be assessed at two times the original invoiced amount.
(D) For purposes of section 131.02 of the Revised Code, the department shall certify to the attorney general any payment not received by the department within one hundred and twenty days after the mailing date indicated on the invoice.