353G.03 VOLUNTARY STATEWIDE LUMP-SUM VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER RETIREMENT PLAN ADVISORY BOARD.
A Voluntary Statewide Lump-Sum Volunteer Firefighter Retirement Plan Advisory Board is created.
Subd. 2.Function; purpose.
The advisory board shall provide advice to the board of trustees of the Public Employees Retirement Association about the retirement coverage needs of volunteer firefighters who are members of the plan and about the legislative and administrative changes that would assist the retirement plan in accommodating volunteer firefighters who are not members of the plan.
(a) The advisory board consists of seven members.
(b) The advisory board members are:
(1) one representative of Minnesota townships, appointed by the Minnesota Association of Townships;
(2) two representatives of Minnesota cities, appointed by the League of Minnesota Cities;
(3) one representative of Minnesota fire chiefs, who is a fire chief, appointed by the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association;
(4) two representatives of Minnesota volunteer firefighters, who are active volunteer firefighters, appointed by the Minnesota State Fire Departments Association; and
(5) one representative of the Office of the State Auditor, designated by the state auditor.
(a) The initial terms on the advisory board for the Minnesota townships representative and the Minnesota fire chiefs representative are one year. The initial terms on the advisory board for one of the Minnesota cities representatives and one of the Minnesota active volunteer firefighter representatives are two years. The initial terms on the advisory board for the other Minnesota cities representative and the other Minnesota active volunteer firefighter representative are three years. The term for the Office of the State Auditor representative is determined by the state auditor.
(b) Subsequent terms on the advisory board other than the Office of the State Auditor representative are three years.
Subd. 5.Compensation of advisory board.
The compensation of members of the advisory board other than the Office of the State Auditor representative is governed by section 15.0575, subdivision 3.