(a) A contractor must submit for review an application
and plans for the alteration of existing equipment.
(b) To apply for a plan review for the alteration of
existing equipment, a contractor must:
(1) submit a completed application on a department-approved
(2) pay the fee required by §74.80; and
(3) submit a written description of the scope of work,
which shall include a description of each alteration to be performed.
(c) In addition to submitting the items under subsection
(b), a contractor must submit layout drawings as specified in §74.111(b)(3)
and the ASME Code A17.1 adopted in §74.100 for the specific type
of equipment, if the alteration described in subsection (b)(3) results
in one or more of the following changes:
(1) the rated speed of the equipment in feet per minute;
(2) the rated capacity of the equipment in pounds;
(3) the total travel of the equipment in feet and inches;
(4) the classification of the equipment, such as passenger
elevator to freight elevator or freight elevator to passenger elevator;
(5) the driving machine is re-located.
(d) In addition to submitting the items under subsection
(b), a contractor must submit the following documents for all new
equipment provided as part of the alteration of the interior of an
(1) material safety data sheet; and
(2) documentation of the fire rating of all materials
installed as part of a car interior alteration, including the estimated
weight of those materials.
Source Note: The provisions of this §74.112 adopted to be effective July 1, 2012, 37 TexReg 4590; amended to be effective November 15, 2013, 38 TexReg 7949