The following words and phrases used in this chapter, and others evidently intended as the equivalent thereof, shall, in the absence of clear implication herein otherwise, be given the following respective interpretations herein:
(1) AUTHORITY. The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(2) BOARD. The board of directors of the authority.
(3) BONDS. The bonds issued under the provisions of this chapter.
(4) COUNTY. A county in the state.
(5) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of directors of the authority.
(6) MUNICIPALITY. An incorporated city or town of the state.
(7) PERSON. Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, such term includes a public or private corporation organized under the laws of Alabama or of another state, a municipality, a county, or an agency, department or instrumentality of a county or municipality, of one or more of the several states, or of the United States.
(8) PROPERTY. Such term means and includes real and personal property, and interests therein.
(9) STATE. In the absence of clear implication herein otherwise, such term means the State of Alabama.
(10) WATERWAY. A navigable waterway utilizing the channel of the Coosa River between Montgomery and Gadsden and to the Alabama-Georgia boundary, as authorized by the River and Harbor Act of March 2, 1945, Public Law 14, 79th Congress, 1st Session (1945).
(11) HEREIN, HEREBY, HEREUNDER, HEREOF. These and other equivalent words refer to this chapter as an entirety and not solely to the particular section or portion thereof in which any such word is used.
(Acts 1969, No. 186, p. 491, §1.)