For purposes of this division, the following words or phrases shall have the following meanings:
(1) AGREEMENT. The Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement.
(2) COMMISSION. The Alabama Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Commission created in this division to develop, implement, and administer programs necessary to come into compliance with the provisions of the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement.
(3) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Department of Revenue.
(4) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Revenue.
(5) SINGLE ENTITY ADMINISTRATION. A program to provide state-level administration of state and local jurisdiction sales and use tax in compliance with the provisions of the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement.
(6) STREAMLINED SALES AND USE TAX AGREEMENT. The multi-state agreement by that name or any subsequent name the purpose of which is to simplify and modernize sales and use tax administration in member states in order to reduce the burden of tax compliance, as in effect from time to time.
(Act 2011-563, p. 1071, §1.)