Section 27-10-34Exemptions from surplus line insurance law.
The provisions of this surplus line insurance law controlling the placing of insurance with unauthorized insurers shall not apply to reinsurance or to the following insurances when so placed by licensed agents or brokers of this state:
(1) Wet marine and transportation insurance;
(2) Insurance on subjects located, resident or to be performed wholly outside of this state or on vehicles or aircraft owned and principally garaged outside this state;
(3) Insurance on property or operation of railroads engaged in interstate commerce;
(4) Insurance of aircraft owned or operated by manufacturers of aircraft or aircraft operated in scheduled interstate flight, or cargo of such aircraft or against liability, other than workmen's compensation and the employer's liability, arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of such aircraft; and
(5) The property and operations of the shipbuilding and ship repair industry engaged in interstate or foreign commerce and vessels, cargoes, watercraft, piers, wharves, graving docks, drydocks, marine railways and building ways, commonly known as wet marine.
(Acts 1963, No. 521, p. 1112, §21; Acts 1971, No. 407, p. 707, §209.)