Section 34-29-76License required - Certain acts prohibited.
No person shall practice veterinary medicine or veterinary technology unless the person holds an active license to practice veterinary medicine or veterinary technology in the State of Alabama and in addition:
(1) No person shall use the name or title of licensed veterinarian when the person has not been licensed pursuant to this article.
(2) No person shall use the name or title of a licensed veterinary technician when the person has not been licensed pursuant to this article.
(3) No person shall present as his or her own the license of another.
(4) No person shall give false or forged information to the board or a member thereof for the purpose of obtaining a license.
(5) No person shall use or attempt to use a veterinarian's license which has been suspended or revoked.
(6) No person shall knowingly employ unlicensed persons in the practice of veterinary medicine.
(7) No person shall knowingly conceal information relative to violations of this article.
(8) No person shall falsely represent himself or herself as being in a supervisory status without providing such supervision.
(9) No person shall provide veterinary medical services to a client or patient in this state through telephonic, electronic, or other means, regardless of the location of the veterinarian, without a license to practice in this state and without establishing a veterinarian-client-patient relationship.
(10) No person convicted of fraud, deceit, gross negligence, incompetency, violation of the administrative code of the board, or any other misconduct in the practice of veterinary medicine shall be allowed to retain his or her license to practice veterinary medicine and surgery in Alabama.
(11) No person convicted of or pleading nolo contendere to a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude shall be allowed to retain his or her license to practice veterinary medicine and surgery in Alabama.
(Acts 1986, No. 86-500, p. 956, §17; Acts 1997, No. 97-249, p. 431, §1; Act 2006-590, p. 1596, §1; Act 2010-536, p. 905, §1.)