(1) AUTHORITY. The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(2) BONDS. Those bonds, including refunding bonds, authorized to be issued by the authority pursuant to act of the Legislature.
(3) GOVERNMENT SECURITIES. Any bonds or other obligations which as to principal and interest constitute direct obligations of, or are unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America, including obligations of any federal agency to the extent such obligations are unconditionally guaranteed by the United States of America and any certificates or any other evidences of an ownership interest in such obligations of, or unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America or in specified portions thereof (which may consist of the principal thereof or the interest thereon).
(4) PERMITTED INVESTMENTS. (i) Government securities; (ii) bonds, debentures, notes or other evidences of indebtedness issued by any of the following agencies: bank for cooperatives; federal intermediate credit banks; Federal Financing Bank; federal home loan banks; Federal Farm Credit Bank; Export-Import Bank of the United States; federal land banks, or Farmers Home Administration or any other agency or corporation which has been or may hereafter be created by or pursuant to an act of the Congress of the United States as an agency or instrumentality thereof; (iii) bonds, notes, pass through securities or other evidences of indebtedness of Government National Mortgage Association and participation certificates of Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation; (iv) full faith and credit obligations of any state, provided that at the time of purchase such obligations are rated at least "AA" by Standard & Poor's Corporation and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service; (v) public housing bonds issued by public agencies or municipalities and fully secured as to the payment of both principal and interest by contracts with the United States of America, or temporary notes, preliminary notes or project notes issued by public agencies or municipalities, in each case fully secured as to the payment of both principal and interest by a requisition or payment agreement with the United States of America; (vi) time deposits evidenced by certificates of deposit issued by banks or savings and loan associations which are members of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, provided that, to the extent such time deposits exceed available federal deposit insurance, such time deposits are fully secured by obligations described in clauses (i), (ii), (iii), and (v) above, which at all times have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) at least equal to such bank time deposits so secured, including interest and which meet the greater of 100 percent collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard & Poor's Corporation for structured financings, (vii) repurchase agreements for obligations of the type specified in clauses (i), (ii), (iii), and (v) above, provided such repurchase agreements are fully collateralized and secured by such obligations which have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) at least equal to the purchase price of such repurchase agreements and which are held by a depository satisfactory to the State Treasurer in such manner as may be required to provide a perfected security interest in such obligations, and which meet the greater of 100 percent collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard & Poor's Corporation for structured financings; and (viii) uncollateralized investment agreements with, or certificates of deposit issued by, banks or bank holding companies, the senior long-term securities of which are rated at least "AA" by Standard & Poor's Corporation and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service.
(5) REFUNDING BONDS. Those bonds authorized to be issued by the authority pursuant to act of the Legislature for the purpose of refunding or paying bonds of the authority and purposes ancillary thereto.
(6) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(7) Pronouns when used in this article shall include all applicable genders.
(Acts 1990, No. 90-602, p. 1079, §2; Act 98-245, p. 404, §3.)