When used in this article, unless the context plainly indicates otherwise, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in this section:
(1) ANSI. The American National Standards Institute or its successor.
(2) GROUND ANCHOR. Any device at the mobile home stand designed for the purpose of securing a mobile home to the ground.
(3) MARSHAL. The Alabama State Fire Marshal.
(4) NFPA. The National Fire Protection Association or its successor.
(5) TIEDOWN. Any device designed to anchor a mobile home to ground anchors.
(6) COMMISSION. The Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission.
(7) INSTALL or INSTALLATION. Siting, placing, or anchoring a manufactured home or manufactured building, either one or more units, to land, upon footings, piers, or foundations, or connecting the home or building to public or private utilities. Public or private utilities shall not be classified as installers under this section.
(8) INSTALLER. Any person who sites, anchors, places, connects, sets up or installs a manufactured home or manufactured building upon land, footings, piers, or foundations.
(9) MANUFACTURED BUILDING. A closed structure, building assembly or systems of subassemblies which may include structural, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating, utility service lines, footings, foundations, porches, or other service systems manufactured in manufacturing facilities, for installation or erection, with or without other specified components, as a finished building or as a part of a finished building, which shall include, but not be limited to, residential dwelling units, commercial, institutional, storage, and industrial structures. "Mobile homes" or "manufactured homes" are excluded. "Manufactured building" may also mean, at the option of the manufacturer, any building of open construction made or assembled in manufacturing facilities away from the building site, for installation, or assembly and installation on the building site. Excluded from the definition of "manufactured building" shall be any temporarily placed building, trailer, or structure maintained by a licensed general contractor or subcontractor for purposes of storage, office space, or any other construction related function at a project site.
(10) MANUFACTURED HOME. As defined by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
(Acts 1975, No. 1144, p. 2247, §2; Acts 1991, No. 91-642, p. 1213, §1; Act 2001-426, p. 543, §4.)