As used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) CHAIRMAN. The Chairman of the Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
(2) PERSON. Any person, firm, partnership, association, joint venture, or corporation, and any combination of persons herein specified, but "person" shall not include the United States or any agency or instrumentality thereof, except in the case of voluntary submission to the policies and procedures and standards for quality assurance established by this article and by the "chairman".
(3) QUALITY ASSURANCE. The policies and procedures and standards of quality for the acquisition and/or transportation of donated organs, bones, and tissue retrieved in Alabama.
(4) ORGAN. Any human organ, human bone or human tissue, or any other part or portions of the human body, retrieved in Alabama except that the term "organ" shall not include blood, blood products, or eyes or corneas of the eye for the purposes established by this article.
(5) SERVICE. Any service pertaining to the acquisition and/or transporting of organs, bones, or tissues retrieved in Alabama.
(Acts 1986, No. 86-225, p. 329, §2.)