CORNER RECORDATION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 74 of 1970
54.206 Preservation of completed land corner recordation certificate; numerical order; placement of book and page number on index; public inspection; filing fee.Sec. 6.
(1) A register of deeds shall receive for filing a completed land corner recordation certificate and preserve it in a hardbound book. The books must be numbered in numerical order as filed.
(2) A register of deeds shall number land corner recordation certificates in numerical order as they are filed.
(3) A register of deeds shall place the book and page number in which a land corner recordation certificate is filed on an index provided by the register of deeds for that purpose.
(4) A register of deeds shall make the records described in this section available for public inspection during all usual office hours.
(5) A register of deeds shall determine the fee for filing a land corner recordation certificate as provided in section 2567(1)(a) of the revised judicature act of 1961, 1961 PA 236, MCL 600.2567.
History: 1970, Act 74, Imd. Eff. July 16, 1970
Am. 1975, Act 313, Eff. Mar. 31, 1976
Am. 1988, Act 26, Eff. May 1, 1988
Am. 2000, Act 34, Imd. Eff. Mar. 15, 2000
Am. 2014, Act 420, Imd. Eff. Dec. 30, 2014
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan