STATE EMPLOYEES' RETIREMENT ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 240 of 1943
38.1a Definitions; A, B.
(1) “Accumulated contributions” means the sum of all amounts deducted from the compensation of a member and credited to the member's individual account in the employees' savings fund, together with regular interest on that account.
(2) “Actuarial cost” means an amount that shall be paid, except as otherwise specifically provided by this act, by a member to purchase additional service credit as allowed under this act. Actuarial cost shall be computed as provided in section 17j.
(3) “Annuity” means annual payments for life derived from the accumulated contributions of a member. An annuity shall be paid in equal monthly installments.
(4) “Annuity reserve” means the present value, computed upon the basis of mortality and other tables adopted by the retirement board, of all payments to be made on account of an annuity, or benefits in lieu of an annuity, granted to a member under this act.
(5) “Appointing authority” means the departmental officer who has the responsibility of making appointments and handling all other personnel transactions affecting the employees in the agency that the officer represents.
(6) “Banked leave time program” means the part B annual leave hours within the annual and sick leave program for state employees approved by a ruling of the internal revenue service on September 5, 2003, in which a pay reduction or other concessions are applied to a member or qualified participant in exchange for additional part B annual leave hours.
History: Add. 1968, Act 111, Eff. Nov. 15, 1968
Am. 1995, Act 176, Imd. Eff. Oct. 17, 1995
Am. 1998, Act 205, Eff. Aug. 1, 1998
Am. 2004, Act 33, Imd. Eff. Mar. 22, 2004
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan