THE MOBILE HOME COMMISSION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 96 of 1987
125.2330c Transfer or assignment of title or interest; indorsement; mailing or delivering certificate; effective date of transfer; issuance of new certificate; fee; reservation or creation of security interest; mobile home dealer as transferee; transfer of dealer's title or interest.Sec. 30c.
(1) If the owner of a mobile home transfers or assigns the owner's title or interest to the mobile home, the owner shall indorse an assignment of the mobile home with warranty of title with a statement of all security interests in the mobile home, and shall cause the certificate to be mailed or delivered to the department or to the purchaser or transferee at the time of the delivery to the purchaser or transferee of the mobile home.
(2) Upon the delivery of a mobile home and the transfer, sale, or assignment of the title or interest in a mobile home, the effective date of the transfer of title or interest shall be the date of execution of either the application for title or the certificate of title.
(3) The purchaser or transferee, unless the purchaser or transferee is a licensed dealer, shall cause to be presented to the department the certificate of title accompanied by the applicable fee, as follows:
(a) Except as provided in subdivision (b) or (c), $90.00.
(b) Except as provided in subdivision (c), $15.00, if the sale, assignment, or other transfer will require the addition or deletion from the certificate of title of any of the following:
(i) The owner's spouse.
(ii) A person related to the owner within the fourth degree of consanguinity as computed by the civil law method.
(iii) A person related to the owner's spouse within the fourth degree of consanguinity as computed by the civil law method.
(c) Any other lesser amount established pursuant to section 9(5).
(4) Upon presentation of the certificate of title accompanied by the applicable fee, a new certificate of title shall be issued. A certificate of title issued under subsection (3) and this subsection shall be mailed or delivered to the owner or any other person the owner may direct in a separate instrument in a form as prescribed by the department.
(5) If a security interest is reserved or created at the time of the transfer, the parties shall comply with section 30d.
(6) If the transferee of a mobile home is a mobile home dealer who holds the mobile home for resale, the dealer shall not be required to forward the certificate of title to the department, but the dealer shall retain possession of the assigned certificate of title. Upon transfer of the dealer's title or interest to another person, the dealer shall execute and acknowledge an assignment and warranty of title upon the certificate of title and deliver it to the person to whom the transfer is made if the person is a licensed dealer; otherwise application for a new title shall be made by the transferor as provided in section 30a(1).
History: 1987, Act 96, Imd. Eff. July 6, 1987
Am. 2006, Act 142, Imd. Eff. May 22, 2006
Am. 2006, Act 328, Imd. Eff. Aug. 10, 2006
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan