Section 41-10-623 Incorporation of authority authorized; application; filing.
(a) To become a public corporation and instrumentality of the state with the powers herein provided, the Governor, the state Commissioner of Revenue, and the Director of Finance shall present to the Secretary of State of Alabama an application signed by them which shall set forth all of the following:
(1) The name, official designation, and official residence of each of the applicants, together with a certified copy of the commission evidencing each applicant's right to office.
(2) The date on which each applicant was inducted into office and the term of office of each applicant.
(3) The name of the proposed public corporation, which shall be "Alabama 21st Century Authority."
(4) The location of the principal office of the proposed corporation, which shall be in the City of Montgomery.
(5) Any other matter relating to the authority which the applicants may choose to insert and which is not inconsistent with this division or the laws of the state.
(b) The application shall be subscribed and sworn to by each of the applicants before an officer authorized by the laws of the state to take acknowledgments to deeds. The Secretary of State shall examine the application and, if he or she finds that it substantially complies with the requirements of this section, it shall be filed and recorded in an appropriate book of records in the office of the Secretary of State.
(c) When the application has been made, filed, and recorded as provided in subsection (b), the applicants shall constitute a corporation under the name stated in the application, and the Secretary of State shall make and issue to the applicants a certificate of incorporation pursuant to this division, under the Great Seal of the State and shall record the certificate with the application. There shall be no fees paid to the Secretary of State for any work done in connection with the incorporation or dissolution of the authority.
(Act 99-353, p. 538, §4.)