For the purposes of this part the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) COUNTY. Clay County.
(2) COUNTY COMMISSION. The Clay County Commission.
(3) DISTRIBUTOR. Any person who engages in the selling of gasoline or motor fuel in this state by wholesale domestic trade, but shall not apply to any transaction of the distributor in interstate commerce.
(4) GASOLINE. Gasoline, naphtha, and other liquid motor fuels or any device or substitute commonly used in internal combustion engines. The term shall not be held to apply to aviation fuels or to those products known commercially as kerosene oil, fuel oil, or crude oil when used for lighting, heating, or industrial purposes.
(5) MOTOR FUEL. Diesel fuel, tractor fuel, distillate, kerosene, jet fuel, or any substitute therefor. The term shall not be held to apply to aviation fuels or to those products commercially known as kerosene oil, fuel oil, or crude oil, when used for lighting, heating, or commercial purposes.
(6) PERSON. Persons, corporations, copartnerships, companies, agencies, associations, incorporated or otherwise, singular or plural.
(7) REFINER. Any person who manufactures, distills, blends, compounds, or mixes any one or more products in the production of gasoline or motor fuel as defined in this part.
(8) RETAIL DEALER. Any person defined in this part as a distributor who is also engaged in the selling of gasoline or motor fuel in this state at any place in this state in broken quantities.
(9) STORER. Any person who ships, causes to be shipped, or receives in any quantities, stores in any manner and withdraws or uses gasoline or motor fuel for any purpose.
(10) USER. Any person who uses or consumes gasoline or motor fuel in this state in any manner or for any purpose. The term "user" shall not include any refiner who has a refinery or refineries located within the State of Alabama when using gasoline or motor fuel in the manufacturing or refining process, or any person who holds a federal permit to blend motor fuels under the federal law and statutes and who pays the federal excise tax on the motor fuels directly to the federal government, when the person uses gasoline or motor fuel in this state in the blending process.
(Act 2001-569, p. 1144, §2.)