The following words shall have the following meanings for the purposes of this article:
(1) BOARD. State Board of Pardons and Paroles.
(2) CANDIDATE. A person who is considered for a posthumous pardon.
(3) PETITION. A document signed by a petitioner requesting the posthumous pardon of a person.
(4) PETITIONER. A judge in the judicial circuit where the person was tried and convicted or the district attorney in the person's county of conviction.
(5) POSTHUMOUS PARDON. A pardon granted by the State Board of Pardons and Paroles to certain deceased felons.
(Act 2013-81, p. 180, §3.)