The following definitions shall apply to this article:
(1) COURT. The court which committed the defendant pursuant to Section 15-16-43.
(2) DEFENDANT. A defendant in a criminal case who has been found not guilty by reason of insanity, or not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect, and has been committed to the custody of the Alabama State Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation or another facility as provided by Section 15-16-43.
(3) DEPARTMENT. The State Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation.
(4) DISTRICT ATTORNEY. The district attorney for the judicial circuit of the court which committed the defendant pursuant to Section 15-16-43.
(5) REGIONAL OR COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH FACILITY. Any mental health facility providing mental health services pursuant to Sections 22-51-1 through 22-51-14.
(Acts 1988, No. 88-581, p. 906, §2.)