THE GENERAL LAW VILLAGE ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 3 of 1895
74.23c Disincorporation commission; chairperson; secretary; officers; bylaws; quorum; conducting business at public meetings.
(1) The president of the village shall appoint 1 of the village members as chairperson of the disincorporation commission.
(2) The village clerk shall call the first meeting of the disincorporation commission and shall serve as secretary of the commission and keep its minutes and records.
(3) At its first meeting, the disincorporation commission shall elect such other officers it considers advisable.
(4) The disincorporation commission shall adopt bylaws to govern the conduct of its business.
(5) A majority of the members of the disincorporation commission constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at a meeting of the commission. A majority of the members are required for official action of the disincorporation commission.
(6) The disincorporation commission shall conduct its business at a public meeting held in compliance with the open meetings act, 1976 PA 267, MCL 15.261 to 15.275.
(7) A writing prepared, owned, used, in possession of, or retained by the disincorporation commission in the performance of an official function is subject to the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246.
History: Add. 1998, Act 254, Imd. Eff. July 13, 1998
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan