Section 45-2-120.02Personnel merit system established.
There is established a merit based personnel system for Baldwin County. This system is based on the following principles:
(1) The recruitment, selection, and advancement of employees based on their seniority, education, demonstrated job performance, knowledge, and skills, including the open competition of qualified applicants for initial appointment.
(2) The establishment of pay rates consistent with the principle of equal pay for equal jobs.
(3) The opportunity for training of employees, as needed, to assure quality job performance.
(4) The retention of employees on the basis of county needs, adequacy of performance, the correction of inadequate performance, when possible, and the separation of employees who cannot or will not improve their performance to meet standards.
(5) The assuring of fair treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of personnel administration without regard to political affiliation, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, impairment, or age.
(6) The providing to all classified employees who have been notified of disciplinary action access to a fair and impartial hearing to review the disciplinary action. The hearing shall include for those employees who have been suspended without pay, demoted, or separated, due process procedures, and upon timely request of the employee, a hearing before the appeal board created in this article.
(Act 95-581, p. 1226, §3.)