The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall
have the meanings as detailed in this section, unless the context
clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) Board--The State Preservation Board.
(2) Buildings and state buildings--State-owned buildings
and property within the Capitol Complex.
(3) Capitol Complex--Property located in Austin, Texas,
to the extent the property is owned by or under the control of the
state; bounded on the north by the inside curb of Martin Luther King,
Jr. Boulevard, on the east by the outside curb of Trinity Street,
on the south by the outside curb of 10th Street, and on the west by
the outside curb of Lavaca Street; the William P. Clements State Office
Building located at 300 West 15th Street; and other locations under
the jurisdiction of the Texas Department of Public Safety as may be
approved by the director.
(4) Commission--The Texas Facilities Commission.
(5) Department--The Texas Department of Public Safety.
(6) Director--The director of the Texas Department
of Public Safety.
(7) Electronic security access card--An electronic
security access card issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety
or other authorized state agency.
(8) Park or parking--To stand an occupied or unoccupied
vehicle, other than temporarily while loading or unloading merchandise
(9) Region 7--Members of the Deputy Director's Special
Staff, to include uniformed and non-uniformed, commissioned and non-commissioned
employees of the Texas Department of Public Safety.
(10) Stand or standing--To halt an occupied or unoccupied
vehicle, other than temporarily while receiving or discharging passengers.
Source Note: The provisions of this §8.2 adopted to be effective January 12, 2015, 40 TexReg 248