Section 29-2-272Composition; meetings.
(a) The committee shall be composed of the following members:
(1) The Chair of the House Committee on Agriculture and Forestry.
(2) The Chair of the House Commerce Committee.
(3) The Chair of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry.
(4) The Chair of the House Government Appropriations Committee.
(5) The Chair of the Senate Committee on Finance and Taxation General Fund.
(6) The Chair of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Transportation, and Utilities.
(7) The Chair of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.
(8) The Chair of the Permanent Oil and Gas Study Committee.
(9) Five members of the Houses of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, all of whom shall be appointees from the House of Representatives to the Energy Council and one of whom shall be a member of the minority party.
(10) Two members of the Senate appointed by the Lieutenant Governor, both of whom shall be appointees from the Senate to the Energy Council and one of whom shall be a member of the minority party.
(11) Two members of the Senate appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, both of whom shall be appointees from the Senate to the Energy Council.
(b) To the extent possible, members of the committee shall reflect the racial, ethnic, gender, geographic, urban/rural, and economic diversity of the state.
(c) The committee shall meet at the call of the chair or a majority of the members thereof, provided that the committee shall meet at least once each four months.
(d) The committee may meet, act, and conduct its business at any place within this state during the sessions of the Legislature, or any recess thereof, and in the interim period between sessions.
(e) Terms of service on the committee shall coincide with the elected terms of the serving members. The initial members appointed pursuant to Act 2007-150, HJR152, 2007 Regular Session, shall continue to serve as appointed pursuant to that act provided the member is qualified under subsection (a).
(f) Beginning in January 2011, to serve in 2011 and 2012, and each two years thereafter, the committee shall elect from among its members a chair and a vice chair.
(Act 2010-232, p. 419, §3.)